Did you know that thanks to today’s technology, you can now play golf in the dark? Not only do some golf courses have lighting for nighttime play, but most of the major golf manufacturers on the market today now make golf balls that glow in the dark!
There are tons of light-up golf balls out there, but which ones are actually legit and worth buying? We break down the best light-up and glow-in-the-dark golf balls to try.
With these special golf balls in your arsenal, you no longer need to wait for a perfect sunny day to hit the links.
10 Best Light Up/Glow In The Dark Golf Balls
1. THIODOON Glow in The Dark Golf Balls
If you’re looking for the brightest glow-in-the-dark golf balls on the market, the Thiodoon brand is your best bet! These golf balls can be used both indoors and outdoors and they are made with a LED light inside them.
It’s easy to see why these have a 4.3 rating with over 3,100 total reviews. Thiodoon also stands behind these golf balls with a 30-day money-back guarantee, which is almost unheard of in the golf industry these days.
- Superior brightness makes them easy to find in the dark
- Once activated, each ball stays lit for 8 minutes, which is plenty of time to find those wayward tee shots
- Each golf ball has a long-lasting battery life of 40 hours, which means they’ll light up around 300 times
- Golf ball lights up on impact, no special equipment is needed
- Each ball in the 6 pack is a different color (white, pink, yellow, blue, green, red)
- Great gift for any level of golfer, especially if they like to do a little nighttime chipping
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee
- Highly durable because they’re made of rubber and synthetic resin
- Golf balls are NOT rechargeable
- There’s no way to reset the light, so they stay lit for 8 straight minutes even if you don’t need them to
- Less distance than normal golf balls according to some folks
- They make a loud sound when hit
Price: $20.99 for a 6-pack
2. R&L Glow Golf Balls
For the best rechargeable glowing golf balls in the industry, look no further than these beauties from R&L. These golf balls don’t have a LED light inside them so they feel and sound more like real golf balls.
Buyers have the option of purchasing in quantities of 3, 6, or 12 and each pack comes with a 24 LED UV flashlight, which is used to recharge the balls. You can also recharge them by putting them directly in the sunlight.
- Tournament quality ball with low compression core
- Fantastic feel due to the soft urethane cover
- Travels just as far as regular golf balls
- Golf balls charge in only 10 seconds
- Stays lit for 5 to 10 minutes
- Neon green color
- Not as bright as LED golf balls
- They only stay lit for 10 minutes before needing a recharge
- Only available in one color
Price: $39.95 for 12-pack plus UV flashlight
3. Vinbee 12 Pack Luminous Night Golf Balls
For another good non-LED night golf ball, Vinbee provides these high-performance tournament balls. Just like the R&L brand, these balls have a low compression core and a soft urethane skin. That means you’ll get the same amount of distance with these as with regular golf balls.
- Plenty of brightness so that you can play golf at night
- No LED inside them so they look, feel, and sound like standard golf balls
- Has a double fluorescent layer that gives off extra brightness
- Not easy to see in daylight or dusk
- Have to charge in between shots for maximum brightness
- UV flashlight must be bought separately
Price: $24.99 per dozen
4. Glow in the Dark Golf Balls by VTRETU
For the No. 4 slot in our rankings, we go back to LED balls. These are decently priced and they have plenty of glow time. Another nice feature of these light-up golf balls is that they are waterproof, which comes in handy if an unexpected rainstorm comes rolling in while you’re on the course.
- Each 6-pack comes with one of each of the following colors: pink, yellow, white, red, green, blue
- Easy to activate the light in the golf ball by bouncing it on the ground or hitting it with your golf club
- LED light stays activated for 8 minutes
- 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Comes with a carrying bag
- Battery life will eventually run out and they are not rechargeable
- Some have said the LED light prevents the ball from traveling as far as regular golf balls
Price: $18.58 for a 6-pack
5. VANCL 12-Pack Distance Golf Balls
If you’re looking for the most cost-effective glow-in-the-dark ball, you’ll love this 12-pack from VANCL. The price comes out to a very affordable $1.67 per golf ball. These golf balls don’t have an LED light in them so they can be recharged over and over again with sunlight or a UV flashlight.
- Low Cost
- No LED inside means it hits and feels like a real ball
- Same distance as standard golf balls
- Tournament quality and highly durable
- UV Flashlight not included with purchase
- Brightness decreases after only 2-3 minutes
- Only 7 total reviews
Price: $19.99 per dozen
6. BattlePulse Glow Golf Balls with Mesh Bag
- Each pack comes with a wide array of colors that stand out in the dark
- Surlyn cover gives it a softer feel than other LED golf balls
- Passes USGA requirements
- 3-layer design means these balls are more durable than other brands
- Each ball stays lit for up to 10 minutes
- Comes with a nice mesh carrying bag
- Can’t be recharged
- Some complaints of inconsistent glow times
Price: $27.99 for 6
7. Crestgolf Led Glow Golf Balls
These glow-in-the-dark golf balls from Crestgolf are a fine choice if you are looking to try out light-up golf balls for the first time. Crestgolf may be the only brand that offers a 3-pack instead of a 6-pack.
- 8 minutes of glow time
- Each ball has 4 LED lights inside instead of just 2 like other brands
- Each ball has a total light lifetime of 50 hours
- Kind of costly at $4.66 per ball
Price: $13.99 for 3
8. Glow V1 Glow Golf Balls
There’s nothing more frustrating than having to quit a round of golf because of darkness. Now, thanks to the Glow V1 golf ball, you’ll never have to do that again. These were made to mimic regular daytime golf balls so you shouldn’t notice much difference.
- Decently priced at less than $3 per ball
- Premium compression rating of 90
- Can be activated with any UV or white light
- Stays bright for up to 15 minutes before switching to a dimmer glow
- Newer to the market
- Has a 5-star rating but only 5 people have written reviews
Price: $34.95 per dozen
9. Colored Golf Balls for Night
- Don’t have to buy a 3,6, or 12 pack
- Outer layer is made of Surlyn material for maximum durability
- Stays lit for up to 8 minutes at a time
- Fairly new item with no reviews posted
Price: $4.99 each
10. MOR GOLF Glow Golf Balls
- Each ball can be hit up to 800 times before the battery is exhausted
- Designed with 342 dimples to feel more like a real golf ball
- Vibrant colors can be found easily in the dark
- LED only lights up 2 sides of the ball
Price: $23.99 for 6
Light Up Golf Ball FAQs
Have some questions about light-up golf balls? If so, you’re not alone. Here are a couple of the most commonly asked questions that we get about them.
Do Light Up Golf Balls Really Work?
Yes, thanks to modern-day technology, light-up golf balls work incredibly well. The companies that make glow-in-the-dark golf balls either put an LED light inside them or they have to be charged with a UV flashlight.
How Long Do Glow Golf Balls Typically Last?
Most LED glow golf balls stay lit for 5 to 10 minutes after activating them. These types of balls typically have a total battery life of 40 to 50 hours.
The UV-powered glow golf balls are a bit different. UV-powered balls will also stay lit for 5 to 10 minutes, but most start losing their brightness after just a couple of minutes. The nice thing about UV balls though is that they are rechargeable.