Did you know that approximately 60% of amateur golfers struggle with a slice off the tee?
This startling statistic results in countless penalty strokes, lost golf balls, and a whole lot of pure frustration on the golf course! If you happen to fight a banana slice or a dreaded duck hook, there is hope.
Most golf ball manufacturers make specific golf balls that help with inaccurate tee shots. These types of golf balls will help give you a straighter ball flight. Here are our Top 10 choices.
The 10 Best Golf Balls That Promise a Straighter Flight
1. Polara Ultimate Straight Self-Correcting Golf Balls
If you are in desperate need of a straighter ball flight, give the Polara Ultimate Straight balls a chance. Polara has been helping golfers with directional issues for more than 50 years. These golf balls will self-correct in midair, which means that the sidespin will change into more of a backspin.
Rick Shiels, who is famous for his golf videos on YouTube, put Polora’s ultimate straight golf balls to the test. Shiels was shocked at how straight these golf balls flew, especially since he was trying to hook or slice them. This just proves that Polara golf balls are worth the extra money if you want to hit the ball straighter.
- Reduces slicing and hooking by as much as 75%
- Allows golfers to hit more fairways and shoot lower scores
- Fewer inaccurate shots mean fewer lost golf balls
- Easy to use on the course by simply pointing the arrow on the golf ball towards your desired target
- Less aerodynamic lift than regular golf balls, which results in a lower but straighter ball flight off the tee
- Because of the self-correcting advanced technology, this ball won’t fly as far as a distance ball
- Costly investment of $3.75 per golf ball
- Deemed illegal by both the USGA and PGA for official tournament play
Price: $44.95 per dozen
2. Titleist Velocity Golf Balls
Attention all hardcore Titleist fans who struggle with slices or hooks! This is the best golf ball for you! The Titleist Velocity gives you the exceptional performance and feel that you’ve come to expect from such an iconic brand. The nicest thing about the Velocity though is that it cost almost 50% less than the Titleist Pro V1.
- Maximum distance off the tee because of the higher speed LSX core
- Special NAZ+ cover also adds ball speed without sacrificing softness on and around the greens
- 350 octahedral dimple design helps you achieve a higher and straighter ball flight
- Available in 4 colors
- Keeps a low spin rate on all larger clubs like the driver and fairway woods
- Great value at only $2.50 per ball, which is outstanding for an established brand like Titleist
- May not have a low enough compression rating for golfers with a slow swing speed
Price: $29.99 per dozen
3. Bridgestone Golf e12 Contact Golf Balls
Bridgestone not only makes great tires, but they’re also an outstanding golf ball manufacturer. The e12 contact is specifically made to only fly straight. The specialty Contact Force dimples help reduce slices and correct hooks on all shots.
- Efficient energy transfer between the club head and the golf ball at impact
- Soft feel helps make chipping and putting easier
- Straight flight off the tee with reduced sidespin
- Engineered by Bridgestone’s elite Research and Development Team.
- Endorsed by Tiger Woods, Bryson DeChambeau, Matt Kuchar, and Lexi Thompson
- Not quite as soft as the Bridgestone e6 model
Price: $29.97 per dozen
4. Callaway Supersoft Golf Balls
The Callaway Supersoft is an all-around incredible golf ball. It lives up to its billing as being super long, super straight, and super soft. The price is also hard to beat at only a little over $2 per ball.
- Affordable option from a reputable brand like Callaway
- Hybrid cover helps increase ball speed, durability, and launch
- Hex aerodynamics helps the ball fly higher and straighter with less drag
- Low Compression rating of 38 is ideal for golfers with slow swing speeds
- Incredibly soft feel on all short game shots
- Too soft for folks with moderate or fast swing speeds
Price: $24.97 per dozen
5. Wilson Ultra 500 Straight Golf Ball
We have to admit that we are a bit partial to Wilson golf balls. They fly straight with plenty of distance and they don’t cost an arm and a leg. Wilson has been around for quite some time and they sponsor 2019 U.S. Open champion Gary Woodland, which just further adds to their credibility.
- Two-piece ball that employs various technologies to reduce sidespin, which results in a straight ball flight
- Core is made of titanium, which has been proven to increase ball speed at impact which increases distance
- Cut proof cover strikes the perfect balance between durability and playability
- Incredibly low price of only $1.40 per ball
- Compression rating of 90 is probably too high for slower swing speeds and high handicappers
Price: $20.98 per pack of 15
6. FLIGHTPATH Premium Golf Balls
Here’s a new brand that may be worth trying out during your next round of golf. Flightpath has specifically designed their Tracer model golf ball to fly straight so that you wind up in the center of the fairway more often. It wouldn’t surprise us if Flightpath ends up being the next big thing in the golf industry.
- Made up of 3 layers instead of just 2, which gives this ball some added softness and increases the accuracy of wedge shots
- The urethane cast outer cover holds up remarkably well and produces just the right amount of spin
- High-speed central core helps maximize distance off the tee
- Glossy white finish makes this ball easy to find on the course
- Large dimple design gives you a normal ball flight on each shot
- New to the market; Only 1 review so far on Amazon
Price: $24.99 per dozen
7. Maxfli StraightFli Golf Balls
The Maxfli brand doesn’t have a ton of commercials like Titleist or Bridgestone so some golfers are not familiar with them. However, Maxfli has been making high-quality golf balls for more than 80 years. The Maxfli StraightFli has been lab-tested to go 20% straighter than regular golf balls.
- Unique dimple pattern that consists of 374 large and small dimples to further improve ball flight
- These golf balls not only fly straight but long as well
- Ionomer cover strikes the perfect balance between spin rate, durability, feel, and control
- Deemed legal for USGA tournaments
- Available in a variety of colors
- Not available in a standard 12-pack like most brands
Price: $50.76 for 24 pack (matte orange color)
8. ONCORE GOLF – ELIXR Tour Ball
Here’s another brand that is kind of flying under the radar but is worth trying. Oncore developed the ELIXR to compete with premium golf balls like the Titleist Pro V1 and TaylorMade TP5. The ELIXR won gold in Golf Digest’s 2019 Hot List awards, which proves that it’s a viable choice.
- Specifically designed for a low spin rate with the driver to help boost accuracy on tee shots
- Moderate to high spin rate for all iron shots, which also helps increase accuracy
- Great choice for windy days on the golf course
- Urethane cover holds up well but has a soft feel
- Great price of only $2.50 per ball
- 85 compression rating may be too high for golfers with slower swing speeds
- Some have commented that it doesn’t spin enough on chips and pitches
Price: $29.99 per dozen (Lime Green)
9. Piper Green Golf Premium Golf Balls
Piper golf balls haven’t been on the market very long but they are already creating quite the buzz in the golf world. The Piper Green two-piece ball is an excellent choice for folks with slower swing speeds.
Another neat thing about this ball is that Piper offers it with an alignment aid in four different colors (black, blue, gold, and green). Make sure to match the color with your swing speed. For example, the green is for slow swing speed while the gold and black are for fast swing speeds.
- Built to produce maximum distance off the tee
- Great value at only $2.50 each
- Alignment aid helps improve the accuracy of your putts
- Dupont surlyn cover is very durable and feels outstanding
- Designed for a low spin rate to reduce the severity of slices and hooks
- Not enough spin for advanced players
Price: $24.99 per dozen
10. Cut Blue Golf Balls
Cut golf balls were designed to give the average golfer an affordable ball that still performed well on the course. The Cut Blue has a lower spin rate, which helps it fly much straighter off the tee than other golf balls. At only $1.66 per ball, why not give them a shot?
- Urethane cover is resilient to scuffs and nicks
- 314 dimples that help maximize distance off the tee
- Conforms to USGA standards so you can use them in official tournaments
- Lower ball flight is perfect for windy conditions
- Not as much distance as other golf balls on the market
Price: $19.97 per dozen