Is there anything worse than hitting a towering drive off the tee and not being able to find your golf ball?
A lost golf ball costs you not only a penalty stroke, but you also have to hit your next shot from the previous spot. Needless to say, this is incredibly frustrating!
Thankfully, there are now high-visibility golf balls on the market that make it easier than ever to find your ball, even in the nastiest of roughs. This will save you both strokes and frustration on the course.
Let’s go over a list of the 9 best high-visibility golf balls that you can buy.
Do High Visibility Golf Balls Work?
Yes, high-visibility golf balls work quite well. For one, high-visibility golf balls are sold in vibrant colors like lime green, neon yellow, or bright red. These colors are easier to see both on the ground and during the ball’s flight through the air.
Losing fewer golf balls during your rounds can save you a ton of time, strokes, and money. Saving on all three of those things is something every golfer wants to do.
Also, some high-visibility golf balls have a matte finish that helps prevent a bad glare. There’s nothing worse than being in the middle of your backswing and having the sun reflect off your golf ball.
Lastly, most high-visibility golf balls are more durable than their solid white counterparts. This is because high visibility balls are treated with UV protection, which results in fewer scuffs, nicks, and stains than regular white golf balls.
9 Best High Visibility Golf Balls
1. Volvik Vivid 3 Pc Golf Matte Balls
Volvik was the first ever company to offer high-visibility golf balls with a matte finish, so it just makes sense to award them the top spot on our list. These red golf balls are specifically designed to reduce glare, which makes them much easier to follow during flight. The low compression rating of 75 makes this ball a great choice for folks with slow or medium swing speeds.
- Volvik is known for making high-visibility golf balls, so players can rest easy knowing they are getting a quality product
- The core of this ball is built to maximize distance for golfers who swing anywhere from 70 to 100 MPH
- Has the rare combo of low driver spin but lots of spin on wedge shots
- The ionomer cover holds up incredibly well, even in extreme temperatures on sunny days
- 322 dimples that help produce a ball flight that golfers can trust
- Decently priced at $2.50 each, which is pretty good for a three-piece golf ball
- May not be soft enough for folks who are used to a very soft golf ball
- Not quite as much distance as the Titleist Pro V1
- Compression rating is far too low for advanced amateurs, pro golfers, or folks who generate a lot of ball speed
2. Callaway 2021 Supersoft Golf Balls
Callaway is one of the most popular golf ball manufacturers in the world and they check in at No. 2 on our list with the Supersoft. These are available in five highly visible colors: yellow, green, orange, pink, and red. Not only can these be easily found in the fairway or rough, but they deliver incredible performance all over the course.
- Callaway spent loads of time and money to develop this ball’s core, cover, and ball flight.
- Has a hybrid cover that was developed by Dow Chemical to provide lots of ball speed, launch, and control.
- The soft compression core is perfect for golfers with slower swing speeds because it provides maximum distance and a low amount of spin with the longer clubs in the bag.
- Designed with HEX Aerodynamics for an even more impressive ball flight, even during windy conditions on the course
- One of the few brands to offer a pink golf ball
- 2-year manufacturing warranty
- Only $2.08 per golf ball
- Some golfers have complained that these get dirtier than the standard white Supersofts
- 35 compression rating is way too soft for folks with medium or fast swing speeds
3. Titleist TruFeel Golf Balls
Titleist is one of the best golf ball manufacturer in the world, which is why their products are usually in the top three on all of our lists. The Titleist TruFeel comes in bright yellow and bright red, which are both incredibly easy to see on the course, even during the fall season. Folks who think the Volvik Vivid is a bit too hard will love the softness of this golf ball.
- Provides plenty of distance off the tee
- The TruFlex cover provides an extra soft feel that makes chipping, pitching, and putting even easier
- Comes with a perfect alignment aid on the side so that you no longer have to mark up your golf ball with a Sharpie
- Produces a lower amount of spin with the driver to help reduce hooks and slices
- Built for more durability so that they won’t cut or nick like other brands
- Players with fast swings will need a higher compression golf ball
- Some have said the coating starts to peel after several rounds
4. Srixon Soft Feel Golf Balls
These are perfect for golfers that prefer orange balls. The Srixon Soft Feel balls are less than two bucks each and have a matte finish that is similar to the Volvik Vivids. These are also available in red or lime green.
- The FastLayer Core is engineered for greater distance and more softness
- 339 dimples are made to increase ball speed, cut through the wind, and produce an impressive ball flight
- The matte finish reduces glare and makes a wayward shot easier than ever to find on the course
- The soft cover allows golfers to generate just the right amount of spin on chip shots
- 1-year manufacturer warranty
- Doesn’t spin nearly enough on approach shots for some golfers
- The lower compression rating of 60 means that golfers with medium or fast swings should look elsewhere
5. Bridgestone Golf e12 Contact Matte Yellow
Contact force dimple creates 38% more surface contact between the golf ball and the club for more efficient energy transfer. Longer and straighter flight with driver and every other club in your bag. Softer core contributes to significantly enhanced feel on all shots.
The e12 Contact is a fantastic choice if you’re looking for high-performing yellow golf balls. Bridgestone spares no expense when it comes to research and development, which is why its golf balls have skyrocketed in popularity.
- One of the best yellow balls on the market
- Has a special dimple that results in 38% more surface contact at impact
- Specifically designed to fly farther and straighter
- The mantle and core are made to help reduce sidespin, which means fewer hooks and slices
- Some folks claim that the e12 scuffs too easily
6. Accufli Max Soft Golf Balls
Accufli isn’t a well-known brand but this variety pack is perfect for golfers that want to try out high-visibility golf balls. This is one of the best options out there for folks that want blue golf balls or purple golf balls. It’s also hard to argue with the price, as these are only $1.58 each.
- Designed to travel long distances off the tee while keeping a very soft feel for short game shots
- The thin ionomer cover helps promote a soft landing for all of your approach shots into the green
- The dimples on the ball are specifically made to increase both overall distance and launch
- The matte finish of these makes them very easy to spot on the course, even during the fall or winter
- Only made up of two layers
- Blue and purple colored balls can be harder to see on sunny days
7. Nitro White Out Long Distance Golf Balls
If you are a golfer on a budget, this may be the best golf ball for you. The Nitro White Outs only cost around a buck apiece and the colors are unbelievably bright. The cover of these golf balls have a shine to them that makes them even more visible on the golf course.
- The core of the ball is made with a special technology that promotes maximum distance with the driver and fairway woods
- The 70 compression rating should work well for golfers with slow and medium swing speeds
- Each ball has 352 dimples to provide an even higher ball flight
- The cover is made of Dupont Lithium Surlyn, which makes it very resilient and highly durable
- Accepted by both the R&A and USGA for tournament play
- This multi-pack includes three white golf balls that won’t be easy to see on the course
- Some golfers have complained that these aren’t quite soft enough
8. Cut DC Golf Balls, Atomic Yellow
Want a high-performing golf ball that is easy to see but still affordable? The Cut DC may be your best bet! These little beauties were featured on Golf Digest’s Hot List in 2020 and folks have been raving about them ever since.
- Made up of four layers for even better performance
- One of the most affordable 4-piece golf balls on the market today
- The Dual Core strikes the perfect balance between velocity and control
- The urethane cover holds up well and has a great feel to it
- Generates just enough spin for chips, pitches, and putts
- Some have experienced some issues with scuffing and nicking
9. Wilson Ultra 500 Golf Balls (Yellow)
Wilson has been around for several decades and their golf balls are always a solid choice. The Ultra 500s aren’t too fancy but they perform consistently and the yellow color makes them easy to find on the course. At only $17.99 per 15-pack, why not give them a shot if you’re trying to find a high-visibility golf ball?
- Trusted brand
- High energy titanium core was engineered for extra yardage and a high trajectory
- Made with a cutproof cover that remains durable even in tough course conditions
- 100 compression rating should work well for players with a low handicap
- Too hard of a ball for most beginners, seniors, or ladies