I’ll admit I was reluctant to try golf after a long history of ankle injuries in both baseball and basketball.
What I didn’t know was that there were solutions out there that could help protect my ankles on the golf course. One of those was high-top golf shoes.
If you’re dealing with any type of ankle issues or just prefer the look and feel of high-top footwear, we’ve compiled a list of the best high-top golf shoes. We’ve also listed some pros and cons of each pair of shoes to help you make the top choice for your personal preference.
So, without further delay, here are the 7 best high-top golf shoes of 2022.
Table of Contents
- 1. Footjoy Men’s Stormwalker Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
- 2. Adidas Men’s S2g Golf Shoes (Best for Ankle Protection)
- 3. Footjoy Cascade Spiked Golf Boots (Best for Comfort)
- 4. Skechers Men’s Winter Golf Boots (Best for Cold Weather)
- 5. Adidas Women’s S2g (Best for Women)
- 6. Adidas Men’s ZG21 Motion Golf Shoes (Coolest Name)
- 7. PUMA Titantour Hi-Top Golf Shoe (Best with an Ankle Strap)
1. Footjoy Men’s Stormwalker Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
Want the best high-top golf shoes on the market? Look no further than the Stormwalker golf shoes from Footjoy. These come in a sleek black color and they’re built for any type of tough weather conditions.
- Made with adapt foam for maximum comfort, durability, and stability
- Has a rubber sole that gives added support and makes the shoe waterproof
- The Pulsar LP low-profile spikes provide grip and plenty of traction, which helps add speed and power to the golf swing
- An ideal choice for golfers in wet conditions
- Supports all areas of the foot including the upper ankle
- Replaceable spikes
- Limited style options
- The price may be more than some golfers want to spend
2. Adidas Men’s S2g Golf Shoes (Best for Ankle Protection)
Adidas designed these high-top golf shoes with 2 things in mind, maximum foot protection and keeping your feet dry in bad weather conditions. The black, grey, and brown color scheme gives this pair of shoes a rugged, masculine look.
These have 4 spikes on the bottom, which will help you make a smooth golf swing on any type of terrain. If you have a history of ankle problems, this is one of the best golf shoes for you.
- Made with a rubber sole that feels good on the feet, even after several hours on the golf course
- Engineered with RAIN.RDY technology to keep water out of the golf shoes and off of your feet
- The spikes provide maximum protection against slipping, even on the slickest of surfaces
- Designed with more toe room for a higher level of comfort
- The laces will hold up well even after several rounds on the golf course
- Not as lightweight as some other brands
- Some golfers won’t like the removable spikes on the bottom
3. Footjoy Cascade Spiked Golf Boots (Best for Comfort)
Are you the type of golfer that likes to play 36 holes instead of the standard 18 on a Saturday? If so, you need a high-top golf shoe that’s super comfortable.
The Footjoy Cascade checks all of the boxes and they provide so much comfort that your feet won’t hurt even after 8 to 10 hours on the golf course! Footjoy is the most popular golf shoe brand in the industry and it’s easy to see why.
- Footjoy is one of the most trusted brands in golf and they’ve been around since 1857!
- Features a rubber sole that’s easy to clean, even after a round with bad weather
- Has a patented stability bridge so that you won’t have to worry about slipping
- Small plastic spikes on the bottom give plenty of grip and make it easy to turn
- One of the best on the market for keeping your feet warm in cold weather
- The price range of $99 to $120 may be a bit too steep for some golfers
- Only available in one color
4. Skechers Men’s Winter Golf Boots (Best for Cold Weather)
Lightweight and responsive Ultra Flight midsole. Velcro top strap. Relaxed Fit design for added room in the toe box.
Do you live in a climate that’s cold for a large portion of the year? If so, you know how important it is to keep your feet warm during your rounds.
These high-top golf boots from Skechers are specifically designed to keep your feet warm and protected, even on the harshest of winter days.
- Comes with an ankle strap for extra support and convenience
- Gives you enough room to wear thicker socks, which is a definite plus in cold weather
- 2-year waterproof warranty, which is one of the longest in the industry
- Comes with replaceable soft spikes that are allowed on any golf course
- These are still very lightweight, especially for high-top golf shoes
- These golf boots are roomy enough for you to fit a warming pack into each one of them
- Can take a while to break these in
- Some may not like the bulky feel of playing golf in boots
5. Adidas Women’s S2g (Best for Women)
Adidas makes a great line of golf shoes for women as well as men. The S2g is called a mid-cut shoe but it’d still be considered high-top by most folks. These shoes are made of recycled polyester and were specifically made to handle tough weather.
- The upper portion of the shoe is made with special textiles to strike the perfect balance between comfort and durability
- The rubber sole is built to keep your feet dry, even in extremely rainy conditions on the golf course
- Women will love the flexible bounce cushioning and the extra pep it’ll put in their steps
- Even though these shoes are built from maximum dryness, they still breathe really well
- The pink lace holders give these golf shoes a nice feminine touch
- Only comes in one color
- Decently priced but there are cheaper options on the market
6. Adidas Men’s ZG21 Motion Golf Shoes (Coolest Name)
It’s hard to beat a name like ZG21! These Adidas golf shoes have a tough, rugged look to them that’s very manly. These golf shoes also come with a built-in ankle support system that feels almost like an extra sock on the high-top part.
- Available in 3 stylish color schemes to choose from
- Designed with a BOA Fit dial system that doesn’t have any laces
- Comes with an INSITE sockliner to increase your comfort level
- These fit just like regular tennis shoes and they’re light as a feather
- Made with at least Primegreen materials, so the manufacturing process is not as hard on the environment
- Some golfers may not like the feel of the built-in sock layer
- A few folks have experienced durability issues with the small plastic spikes on the bottom
7. PUMA Titantour Hi-Top Golf Shoe (Best with an Ankle Strap)
- Manufactured to have more traction in certain areas of the shoe so that golfers can generate more swing speed and overall power with their swings
- Comes with support collars and built-in ankle straps that are made to fully wrap the feet to prevent injury
- Provides a snug fit but is also very breathable thanks to the performance mesh material
- Designed to be waterproof even in extreme weather conditions for at least 1 year
- Engineered with a specialty Fusion foam that requires no break-in period
- These shoes are lightweight enough for comfort but strong enough to add stability throughout your golf swing
- Incredibly low price that will work for almost any type of budget
- Some golfers have complained that these shoes aren’t waterproof in the toe area
- A small group of folks thinks these shoes fit too tight through the middle