In our overly busy and often stressful days, it’s usually the little annoyances that drive us the craziest.
One of those little things that may be driving you up the wall is the chattering sound of your golf clubs banging against each other. This can happen whether you carry your clubs or use a golf cart, and it’s maddening.
If you want to learn how you can prevent the sound of golf club chatter, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll go over which golf bags help eliminate this small but annoying problem on the golf course.
With these tips, you won’t have to hear any more annoying dings.
Table of Contents
Types of Golf Bags That Prevent Clubs from Hitting Each Other
Did you know that certain types of golf cart bags will eliminate or at least severely diminish the sound of club chatter? The best golf bag for this is the 14-way bag. As its name implies, the 14-way golf bag has 14 different pockets so that you have a separate spot for each one of your golf clubs.
This works beautifully because golfers are only allowed to keep 14 golf clubs in their bags during a round. Since most 14-way golf bags come with full-length dividers, the golf clubs stay far enough apart to not clack against each other.
If you don’t have a 14-way golf bag, you can still eliminate bag chatter by buying an iron holder, which acts as a locking system. Most of the iron holders on the market can hold up to 9 irons at a time. This is good news because it means there should even be room for your pitching wedge and sand wedge to be locked into place.
Top 4 Golf Bags That Prevent Club Chatter
1. Subtle Patriot Covert Golf Cart Bag
This is our favorite golf bag for keeping club chatter to an absolute minimum. Each club slot is spacious enough to hold each club and the bag itself weighs less than 5 pounds. We love the fact that this bag comes in 12 different color schemes.
- Has a separate slot for 14 golf clubs and can hold up to 15 clubs if needed
- The lightweight design makes the bag easy to carry
- Comes with 11 pockets to hold your golf accessories and personal belongings
- Made of high-quality materials that won’t get weighed down during a round in the rain
- Snap-on rain cover is included
- Can easily be fastened into a standard golf cart or strapped onto a push or pull cart
- Has a larger compartment for your putter
- No front handle, which is a bit surprising
- Only 4 of the 14 dividers are full-length
2. Callaway Golf 2022 Fairway 14 Stand Bag
If you prefer a stand bag that also minimizes club chatter, this golf bag from Callaway is a phenomenal choice. Callaway makes golf items that are of the highest quality, which is why we feature their products in most of our posts. This bag has a sleek look but it also has a high level of durability.
- Lowrider Top with 14 slots to hold all of your clubs
- Special slot to hold your putter in place so that you no longer have to keep it covered the entire round
- Each slot has a full-length divider in it to virtually eliminate any type of club chatter
- Designed with metal zippers for enhanced durability
- The ring on the side is made of alloy to offer a convenient place to hang your golf towel
- Fits easily onto all push carts
- Comes with a special pocket to keep your rangefinder or golf GPS
- Only 6 pounds so it’s easy to carry
- Comes in 10 different color schemes
- It May be too pricey for some golfers
3. Powerbilt TPS Dunes 14-Way
If you’re needing a durable golf bag for less than $100, look no further than the Powerbilt TPS Dunes. It has 14 slots for maximum organization of your golf clubs. Each slot is spacious enough to keep your clubs from hitting each other.
- 14 divided slots so you can quickly pull out which club you need
- Since each club has its spot, annoying chatter is kept to a minimum
- Comes with padded carrying straps that make the bag more comfortable to walk with on your shoulders
- Has 5 pockets with zippers to safely store all your tees, golf balls, and other accessories
- Stands up on its own with no problems
- Great price
- Comes with a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer
- Only has 3 full-length dividers which means there may be a small amount of club chatter
- Some have had issues with the legs not functioning properly
- Only comes in 4 different colors
4. Mizuno BR-DX 14-Way Hybrid Golf Stand Bag
Here’s another premium 14-way golf bag that is excellent for reducing or even eliminating club chatter. Mizuno is one of the top brands in the golf industry. Though Mizuno is more known for its premium irons, the company offers some solid golf bag options as well.
- Full-length dividers in all 14 golf club slots
- Proper spacing makes organizing your golf clubs a breeze
- Comes with two shoulder straps for golfers who prefer to carry their clubs instead of using a golf cart
- 13 different pockets that are lined with fleece to keep all of your valuables safe during your round
- Even has a large cooler pocket with a drain hole to keep your beverages cool and the inside of your bag dry
- Comes with a protective rain hood to cover your clubs with bad weather strikes
- Even with all these features, the bag is still nice and light at only 5.62 pounds
- Has a velcro spot to keep your golf glove secure
- One of the pricier golf bags on the market