Even if you’re a beginner golfer, you’ve probably heard of brands like Callaway, TaylorMade, Titleist, and Cleveland.
However, there are hundreds of golf companies out there, and it’s worth knowing what other options create great products that should be on your radar.
I’ll share with you 6 of the best golf brands that you’ve likely never heard of, and whether their equipment would be a good fit for you.
When Vijay and Qass Singh won the PNC Championship in 2022, Qass played with a custom Krew Golf putter. Since this event, the small manufacturer of custom putters has grown a bit.
The best thing here is the ability to get exactly what you need for your putting game completely custom to your needs. The online custom putter design studio on the Krew website takes things to the next level; I was surprised by how much detail goes into this process.
If you have always just grabbed a putter off the shelf, you may find it interesting to see all of the different options they offer and how a putter can be customized for your game.
If you have a nickname your friends use for you on the course, shouldn’t it be on your putter?
- What They Make: Blade style putters with custom finishes, paint jobs, and details. The putters are one of a kind and made to order.
- What I Like About Them: Krew Putters started small and have since seen their putters take off. The fact that Qass Singh won with a Krew putter was a true testament to not only the looks but the performance of a Krew Golf putter.
Pinned Golf Rangefinders
Pinned Golf has been around for about five years, and they create rangefinders and now golf cart speakers. I love the Pinned Golf Rangefinders because they are rechargeable. No more running out of batteries or chasing down those annoying camera style batteries for your rangefinder.
In addition, Pinned Golf allows you to pick from a wide range of colors, so you get a rangefinder that really suits your personality and style.
The company was started by three college friends, and they have made adjustments to their product line through the years. I feel like they took all the things that we love about other rangefinder brands, combined them into one product, and somehow made it affordable.
- What They Make: Laser rangefinders, but they now have added a golf cart speaker to their lineup. The speaker does sell out very quickly; it’s affordable but does not have GPS like the Bushnell.
- What I Like About Them: Their products come in a color you love, feature-rich, and affordable all at the same time. If you need a rangefinder replacement, I would look here.
Sub70 Golf Clubs
The Sub70 brand is a direct-to-consumer golf club manufacturer that creates a wide range of clubs, from drivers to putters. Some of the most popular are their clean looking irons that many say look and act similar to the PXG irons.
Sub70 is very committed to golfers getting equipment that they love and keep in the bag for years to come. All Sub70 clubs come with a 60 day satisfaction guarantee to ensure you are getting exactly what you need for your game.
The Sub70 pricing is a little better than what you get from other manufacturers with similar clubs simply because there is no middle man. The only downside here is the availability to try out the Sub70 clubs can be a bit limited.
- What They Make: Irons, woods, wedges, utility clubs, and putters. In addition, there are Sub70 products on the website, like apparel and bags, that match the branding.
- What I Like About Them: They offer a really great-looking player-style iron for a fair price. As you become a better golfer, you will find that there are fewer and fewer affordable options on the market; Sub70 evens the playing field a bit.
Miura Golf was founded in 1977, but they have remained small and humble. If you are looking for golf irons that have a premium feel and precision, MIura is a company to consider. They recently collaborated with Adam Scott on a unique version of irons specifically designed by Scott.
Miura irons go through a forging process that is unique and different from other brands in the industry. Miura only sources the most premium metal for their irons, which only adds to the impressive precision and performance.
One of the major reasons you may not have heard of Miura irons is the fact that they don’t pay PGA Tour players to use them.
- What They Make: Mainly irons (blade style and some forged cavity back). They also make beautiful wedges and have recently released a few putter models. There are plenty of Miura accessories on the website, including clothing, bags, putter covers, and more.
- What I Like About Them: Miura doesn’t release new irons each year simply because everyone else does. Instead, they wait until new technology can benefit players.
Once you have a premium set of golf clubs in your hands, you want to make sure they sit in a stylish golf bag that is also practical. Jones Sports Co does such a great job of making impressive products for both on and off the golf course.
This is where you will find a wide range of golf bags, duffel bags, and even backpacks to take to the course or to travel with. Jones does a great job of understanding all that golfers need in their lives and catering to that.
If you need a unique gift for the golfer that has everything, take a look at the Jones Coolers or even the headcover options that they offer.
- What They Make: Golf bags, headcovers, duffel bags, travel bags, golf ball totes, valuables bags, and more.
- What I Like About Them: The quality of the Jones Sports Co products and the understanding of what a golfer needs both on and off the golf course.
Stitch Golf is another golf accessory company that makes products for golfers all the way from beginner amateurs up to the professional level. Stitch started with some really great golf bags and travel products, but they now have a lot of clothing and gear.
Stitch sticks with more of a preppy style, something that you can wear to the golf course and then also to the office if you need to. All of their accessories are made with high-quality materials that are built to last.
Many of the Stitch Golf products are made to be weather resistant, which is a tremendous additional benefit for the experienced golfer. If you want something unique, well-made, and great looking, consider Stitch.
- What They Make: Everything from golf bags to shirts, headcovers, belts, travel accessories, and more. You can find a lot of gear for both on and off the golf course from Stitch.
- What I Like About Them: The use of color in the Stitch products. In addition, I think they are doing a great job holding up some of the traditions of the game. New and young, and trendy is great, but Stitch has been able to do that while still holding on to the classic design that many golfers are seeking.