I’ll never forget my first experience with plantar fasciitis…
I woke up with stabbing pain in both feet near the heel bone on Sunday morning after playing 36 holes the day before. I had no idea what was happening, but my doctor said that I was having symptoms of plantar fasciitis later that week.
Thankfully, my symptoms decreased as I toned down my long-distance running and switched to more supportive shoes.
If you’re suffering from plantar fasciitis, there are dozens of golf shoes on the market that can help keep your pain to a minimum.
Check out our list of the 8 best golf shoes for plantar fasciitis below. Any of these will help you find relief and help you shoot lower scores on the golf course.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for in Golf Shoes if You Suffer from Plantar Fasciitis
- Top 8 Golf Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
- 1. Skechers Go Ultra Max Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
- 2. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Value)
- 3. Skechers Go Elite Tour Waterproof Golf Shoe (Best Waterproof Option)
- 4. Footjoy Hyperflex Boa Style Golf Shoe (Most Support)
- 5. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Link V2 Golf Shoe (Best for Women)
- 6. PUMA Men’s Grip Fusion Sport Golf Shoe (Most Stylish)
- 7. Skechers Men’s Max Arch Fit Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Arch Support)
- 8. FitVille Wide & Extra Wide Golf Shoes (Best Off-Brand Choice)
What to Look for in Golf Shoes if You Suffer from Plantar Fasciitis
If you’re in the market for a pair of golf shoes that will help relieve discomfort from your plantar fasciitis, there are a few non-negotiable factors to look for. Regardless of what brand you end up buying, make sure it meets this short list of qualifications.
Heel and Arch Support
Since plantar fasciitis causes a ton of heel pain and discomfort in the arches, this is the most crucial attribute to look for when shopping for new golf shoes. Try on lots of shoes until you find one that fits not too tight but not too light on your heels. The last thing you need is your heel slipping and sliding during your golf swing, which would only worsen your foot pain.
Here’s another no-brainer! You need a golf shoe with extra cushioning if you suffer from plantar fasciitis. Look for a shoe that has extra foam in the midsole and insole. This will give you the added support you need, especially if you walk your rounds instead of riding in a golf cart.
When In Doubt, Go Spikeless
While there are some solid spiked golf shoes on the market, most of the time, they’re too heavy for folks who are trying to minimize foot pain. If you’re torn between whether to buy spiked or spikeless golf shoes, the spikeless variety is the safer bet. Most folks think they’re more comfortable because they’re lighter.
Folks with plantar fasciitis also need a golf shoe that provides lots of stability. This is especially important during the pivoting portion of the golf swing. A lot of golfers like shoes with extra straps that wrap around their feet. This gives them even more stability and a more secure fit.
Top 8 Golf Shoes for Plantar Fasciitis
If you’re having trouble finding the best golf shoes for relieving your plantar fasciitis pain, this section will significantly help you. Our staff has thoroughly researched every golf shoe in the industry to bring you this list of the top 8 golf shoes for plantar fasciitis.
1. Skechers Go Ultra Max Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Overall)
Sizes: 7.5 – 13
Colors: 4 (White/Gray/Blue, Black/White, Navy/Lime, White/Pink)
Waterproof: Only Water Repellent
- Designed with extra cushioning in the heel, which is ideal for golfers who have heel pain
- GOGA MAX technology puts some bounce back into your step
- Engineered without spikes to keep the shoe lightweight and comfortable
- Rubber sole is highly durable without sacrificing comfort
- Supports the heel while still giving you enough room in the wide toe box
- Large portion of the shoe is made from a mesh material for better breathability
- Most golfers love the Relaxed Fit
- These aren’t waterproof, so they aren’t ideal in heavy rain
- Not a whole lot of color options
- Not enough grip for some golfers
Skechers prides itself on offering some of the most comfortable golf shoes on the planet. The Go Ultra Max memory foam is excellent for relieving plantar fasciitis or any other type of foot pain.
2. Adidas Men’s Tech Response Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Value)
Sizes: 7 – 15
Colors: 3 (Black, Grey, White)
- Great price from an established brand in the golf world
- One of the lightest golf shoes on the market
- Breathes incredibly well, which makes it a great choice for the summer months
- Midsole is made out of Ethylene Vinyl Acetate, which is durable and comfortable
- Lots of heel protection, which is crucial for folks with plantar fasciitis
- Provides lots of traction, especially for a spikeless golf shoe
- These aren’t waterproof or even water resistant, so beware of that if rain is in the forecast
- No bright colors are offered, which is kind of disappointing for Adidas-lovers
- Not enough room in the toe box for some folks
Here’s another fantastic choice for golfers who deal with plantar fasciitis. The Adidas Tech Response has a soft feel without sacrificing the extra support that’s needed in the heel.
3. Skechers Go Elite Tour Waterproof Golf Shoe (Best Waterproof Option)
Sizes: 7.5 – 13
Colors: 3 (Black/Red, Gray/Lime, White/Navy)
- One of the few golf shoes out there that’s truly waterproof
- Fantastic choice if you play in tropical climates with lots of rain
- Provides the high level of comfort you’d expect from Skechers
- Made with a special waterproof membrane to keep your feet dry at all times
- Lots of cushion in the midsole for added foot support
- Outsole provides 236 points of contact for maximum grip and stability
- Upper is made out of 100% leather, which has a high level of durability
- These may be a little too pricey for folks on a limited budget
- Not as many wide options as some other brands
If you deal with plantar fasciitis and happen to play in a lot of rainy weather, this is the best choice for you. The Skechers Go Elite is 100% waterproof because of its special membrane. Like most Skechers golf shoes, this one is comfortable to wear all day.
4. Footjoy Hyperflex Boa Style Golf Shoe (Most Support)
Sizes: 7 – 15
Colors: 3 (Black/Charcoal/Silver, Charcoal/Gray/Red, Midnight Blue)
- Comes with a 2-year waterproof warranty
- BOA Fit System lets you adjust how tight you want the shoe for extra support
- Designed to fit snugly in the heel, which helps ease pain from Achilles tendonitis and plantar fasciitis
- A remarkable choice for golfers or anyone on their feet for long periods of time
- Made with a unique foam called StratoFoam to keep your feet feeling comfortable
- Breathable mesh upper means your feet won’t get too hot during the summer
- Sole is made from Polyvinyl Chloride, which holds up very well over time
- A little more than some golfers might want to spend
- Some folks may not like the spikes, even though they’re low profile
Out of all the golf shoe brands in the industry, Footjoy arguably has the best reputation. While most folks with plantar fasciitis prefer spikeless golf shoes, this is the top choice for golfers who want spikes. A lot of people really love the BOA Fit System, which holds your feet securely in place at all times.
5. New Balance Women’s Fresh Foam Link V2 Golf Shoe (Best for Women)
Sizes: 6 – 11 (Wide options available)
Colors: 4 (White/Rose Gold, Black, Grey/Rose, Grey)
- Molded CUSH+ insole helps prevent plantar fasciitis inflammation flare-ups
- Rubber sole is durable and repels water at a high rate
- Made of the perfect combination of leather and mesh to keep your feet cool
- Midsole is packed with some extra foam for an even higher level of comfort
- Bottom of the shoe has traction lugs to make pivoting easier on all of your swings
- Comes with a 2-year waterproof warranty
- Wide price range that depends on your size
- Some golfers think that the extra cushioning makes the shoe fit too tightly
More women than ever are taking up golf, which is wonderful to see. If you’re a lady golfer that has plantar fasciitis, this option from New Balance is a fantastic choice. It’s comfortable, stable, and waterproof. What’s not to like?
6. PUMA Men’s Grip Fusion Sport Golf Shoe (Most Stylish)
Sizes: 7 – 14
Colors: 2 (Puma Black-Quiet Shade, Limestone-Grey Violet)
- Engineered with Softfoam and Fusion Foam for extra foot support and comfort
- Made of a nice 50/50 mix of cotton and polyester
- A good option for folks who prefer a low-top golf shoe
- The performance mesh material will keep your feet from getting too hot
- It provides a ton of traction, which comes in handy when in the rough
- Comfortable for people with high arches
- It gives you a fresh, unique look on and off the golf course
- Limited color patterns
- Not available in any wide options
PUMA may not be as household of a name as Adidas or Nike, but this company makes phenomenal golf shoes. Folks who deal with any kind of foot discomfort or pain in the calf muscles will appreciate that PUMA uses 2 different types of cushioning in this shoe.
7. Skechers Men’s Max Arch Fit Spikeless Golf Shoe (Best Arch Support)
Sizes: 7.5 – 16
Colors: 10 (Black/Red, Grey, Charcoal/Navy, White/Navy, Black/Grey, White, Navy/Lime, Grey/Red, Black/White, Black)
- One of the few golf shoes on the market that provides podiatrist-certified arch support
- An excellent choice for golfers in hot climates thanks to the breathable mesh and protective hotmelt overlays
- One of the lightest golf shoes in the industry
- The Ultra Flight cushioning leads to a supremely comfortable feel
- Designed for maximum grip, especially for a spikeless golf shoe
- Engineered with over 20 years of data and more than 120,000 foot scans in mind
- There is a plethora of color options, which is always a good thing
- Some golfers say there isn’t enough room in the toe box
- You may have to order a half size higher than you’re used to
Skechers makes its second appearance on our list with their Men’s Max Arch Fit shoe. As its name implies, it’s perfect for golfers with high arches. It also provides the special type of lightweight comfort that folks have come to expect from Skechers.
8. FitVille Wide & Extra Wide Golf Shoes (Best Off-Brand Choice)
Sizes: 7 Wide – 14 Extra Wide
Colors: 2 (Grey, White/Blue)
- An ideal option for folks with extra wide feet
- The midsoles are made for extra shock absorption and a soft feel
- The non-slip outsoles make it easier to keep your balance during the golf swing
- Made with a particular material that neutralizes foot odor
- More room in the toe box than any other brand of golf shoe
- Designed to keep your feet dry even in rainy weather
- Only available in 2 color schemes
- A lot of folks have had issues with the elastic laces
- Some say these golf shoes are too heavy
Are you having trouble finding a golf shoe that’s roomy enough? FitVille specializes in making shoes that are both wide and extra wide in the toe box. If you have wide feet and haven’t been able to find a comfortable golf shoe, this one’s worth a shot!